FlawTech Oil & Gas Sector UT- Thickness Kit (#OGS-UT-2)
This “NEW” UT Training and Testing Flawed Specimen Kit is the premier preparation tool for the API QUTE – TM and the ASNT ISQ Oil & Gas Sector UT Thickness and Corrosion exams. This kit was designed and manufactured to emulate the API & ASNT O&G-UTT-4 Rev 3 Protocols.
The Kit assists in the training and testing of UT Technicians for Thickness and Material Loss evaluation.
There are 16 Individual Specimens with one flaw type each. Seven different thickness in plate and pipe ranging from 0.25” to 1.50”.
- Carbon Steel, A36 Plate and A106B Pipe SMLS
- Total of 16 Specimens
- (x2) 0.25”T x 4” x 4”
- (x4) 0.5”T x 4” x 4” (2-Blanks)
- (x2) 0.75”T x 4” x 4”
- (x2) 1.0”T x 4” x 4”
- (x2) 1.5”T x 4” x 4”
- (x2) 6”Sch40 (0.280”) x 4” ~180˚ segment
- (x2) 8”Sch40 (0.280”) x 4” ~90˚ segment
The host side of the plates and pipes will be coved with a “removable” cover plate
- Plates and Pipes will be uniquely identified with an engraved serial number
- Half of the Specimens will be coated with a two-part fusion bonded epoxy between 10-50 mils.
- The remaining half of the specimens will be left uncoated.
- 1x randomly placed flaw per specimen, for a total of 14 flaws
- Flaws will consist of wall loss due to corrosion or erosion, mid-wall laminations or no damage
- No test specimen shall have a flaw type from more than one of the three listed flaw type conditions
- Wall loss may take the form of one of more of the following modes:
- General or Large Area Wall Loss
- General Wall Loss with Pitting
- Isolated Pitting
- Localized Wall Loss
- Mid-Wall Laminations (Single and Multiple)
- Half of the Specimens will contain a minimum of one blank quadrant each containing no damage.
- The through wall depths of the indications will vary but the target depths will range from ¼, ½ &
- The recorded depth of the indications will be based on the deepest location within the flaw
- FlawTech can submit design drawings for customer review and approval if preferred
- Certificate of Conformance, Final Acceptance Inspection, “As Built” CAD drawing, Material Test Reports, Coating Report for coated Specimens and Measuring & Test Equipment Certificates
- $15,265 with Rolling Waterproof Case
Disclaimer: The use of API, QUTE, ASNT or ISQ in no way implies a review or endorsement by either the American Petroleum Institute (API) or the American Society of Nondestructive Testing (ASNT).
The use of publicly available ASNT ISQ Documents and Specifications were used in development of the specimens for training and preparation for testing.