ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section XI, Appendix VIII, Supplement 3 for Ferritic Piping Kit
This Kit Includes:
- Carbon Steel Welded Piping (2″ Sch80 x 24″L x 360° Seg.); 1 Unflawed Unit, 1 Flawed Unit
- Carbon Steel Welded Piping (4″ Sch80 x 24″L x 360° Seg.); 3 Unflawed Units, 1 Flawed Unit
- Carbon Steel Welded Piping (6″ Sch160 x 24″L x 360° Seg.) 4 Unflawed Units, 2 Flawed Units
- Carbon Welded Piping (12″ Sch80s x 24″L x 360° Seg.); 9 Unflawed Units, 3 Flawed Units
- Carbon Steel Welded Piping (24″ Sch80s x 24″L x 120° Seg.); 5 Unflawed Units, 3 Flawed Units
Kit Total – 5 Specimens; 22 Unflawed Units, 10 Flawed Units
- The kits are manufactured to meet the minimum requirements of ASME boiler & pressure vessel code, Section XI, Appendix VIII, of Supplement 3.
- At least 50% of the cracks will be coincident with fabricated conditions such as ground & “as-welded” crowns, counter bores & weld root conditions.
- Flaw depths will range from the 10-30% through the 61-100% depth ranges as specified in ASME Section XI, Appendix VIII.
- All flaws will be mechanical fatigue or thermal fatigue cracks with at least 75% of the cracks being thermal fatigue.
- Critical tolerance: +/- 0.040” (1MM)
- Kit weight ~350LBS (due to weight special shipping considerations apply).